Living with back pain can be incredibly debilitating. Although back pain is a common occurrence and can leave on its own without treatment, it may be a good idea to get the help of a chiropractor if you've been suffering from severe back pain. Our chiropractor will help determine the root cause of your back pain and help prescribe the best chiropractic care or other treatment plan available.
At North Idaho Chiropractic Neurology Center, we have our neurologist chiropractor on hand that can help back pain caused by nerve issues, as well as muscular or skeletal issues. We want to help our community members of Sandpoint, ID, get help to alleviate their back pain.
What Causes Back Pain?
Back pain can have a wide range of causes, ranging from neurological disorders, to injured muscles from a sports injury or an auto accident injury, and genetic defects of the spinal column. Some causes of back pain may include:
- Spinal stenosis, which is a narrowing of the spine that compresses nerves and causes pain
- Sciatica, which is a condition in which the sciatic nerve is compressed leading to pain, numbness, and tingling
- Muscle injuries, such as muscle strains, sprains, and overuse injuries causing back pain
- Traumatic injuries such as whiplash, which is a type of auto accident injury and can be accompanied by traumatic brain injury
- Tumors located on the spine
- Herniated discs, also known as bulging discs, where the fluid inside the disc seeps out and irritates surrounding nerves
- Misaligned spine due to scoliosis, poor posture, or trauma such as from a sports injury
How Can a Neurologist Chiropractor Help Me?
Our neurologist chiropractor can help diagnose and treat various causes of back pain, including an auto accident injury, due to nerves of the body. He can help determine the root cause through in-depth physical exams and by asking questions about the type of pain you're experiencing.
Our neurologist chiropractor will then help provide the best treatment for your back pain. This may include muscle stretches and exercises for pain related to injured back muscles. Manual adjustments are also an excellent way to help realign the spine.
Find Relief from Back Pain with Chiropractic Care from Our Neurologist Chiropractor
At North Idaho Chiropractic Neurology Center in Sandpoint, ID, we will help you to live free of back pain and improve your overall quality of life. Our neurologist chiropractor has the training necessary to help you get pain relief from your back pain Call us at (208) 946-5888 to schedule an appointment.